Andrew SjoquistFounder and Chief Executive Officer, ASE
Chris GondekData Driven Technology Evangelist, NetApp
David McGrathChief Digital Officer, Clubs Australia / NSW
Virtual Roundtable and Whisky Masterclass on Realising the Business Benefits of a Data Lake (AEST)
Despite a broad appreciation for the value of data (the new oil, etc.), many organisations struggle to capture, transform, and interpret the data that flows through their business.
At this roundtable, we explain how you can deploy a vast dam of raw data – accessible anytime, anywhere – to drive meaningful decision-making faster than ever, build a single source of truth on every data set imaginable and develop a flexible data roadmap to meet your organisation’s needs for insights, without lock-in to specific platforms or applications.
As with all our roundtables, you will get the most value from the open discussion and Q&A with your peers.
The roundtable will be led by Andrew Sjoquist, Founder and CEO of ASE.
During the roundtable, we will discuss how a data lake can help you solve these FIVE common data problems:
1. Data is messy. It is structured and unstructured, inconsistently formatted, old and new, and degrades rapidly.
2. Data lives everywhere. Most organisations house data in multiple silos across and beyond their business. Data lives in the cloud, legacy systems, warehouses, tools, applications, and spreadsheets.
3. Data growth. The explosion in data growth is challenging for both storage and rapid search. Volumes of data can be difficult to move and query quickly and effectively.
4. Compliance. With increasing security vulnerabilities and data-related regulations, data protection, security, and privacy are essential requirements for every business.
5. Usage. Many businesses struggle to apply their data meaningfully because they don’t know what data they’re capturing or how to transform it into a useful format.
How to Register
If you would like to join the discussion, please note that if you do register, your company name will be shared with other delegates and potential delegates. This is to help us create the most useful discussion possible.
Virtual Whisky Tasting Masterclass
All the talk about lakes is bound to make you thirsty, so please join us for a relaxed whisky tasting experience. We will send you a hand-picked selection of fine whisky sample bottles in advance, so please register asap to ensure you receive your whiskey delivery in plenty of time.
If you don’t drink Whisky, then we have alternatives, such as Gin. If you don’t drink at all, then you can attend the roundtable and skip the drinks.